Sustainable Atlanta exists to advance the health, prosperity and quality of life for all people in metro Atlanta.
Look Up Atlanta – Telling Our Story, Catalyzing Engagement
Every movement needs a gathering space. For those working in the trenches every day to make Atlanta a better place, there is no gathering space to share, celebrate and inspire the good work happening every day to create a better, healthier community. With relationships crossing the region, the issues, and the various sectors, Sustainable Atlanta is the natural leader to Look Up Atlanta - a needed, trusted and centralized online community, where businesses, organizations and individuals will LEARN, CONNECT and ACT.
At Look Up Atlanta (www.lookupatl.org):
• Influencers are recognized
• Stories are shared
• Partnerships blossom
• Communities connect
• Causes + challenges inspire
- Violinist Johnny Arco Arrested While Playing Music at MARTA (05/16/13) CBS Atlanta: A violinist who has performed in cities across the country said he spent five days behind bars after he was arrested in a MARTA train station.
- Georgia Power Adds to Biomass Portfolio (05/15/13) Atlanta Business Chronicle: Georgia Power Co. inked a deal with Rollcast Energy Inc. to add 53.5 megawatts of biomass capacity to its generation portfolio.
- MARTA, Streetcar Wait Times (05/14/13) Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Today, I visit with a Georgia Tech engineering professor who is trying to cut down on the inconvenience of waiting by introducing technology that will keep riders informed on how long it will take before their bus or train reaches their stop or station.
- Despite Rain, Atlanta Region Needs to Keep Conserving, Harvesting of Water (05/13/13) Saporta Report: Last month metro Atlanta’s primary source of water reached a milestone: Lake Lanier is back to full pool and rising.
- Churches Are Key to Final Falcons Stadium Site Decision (05/10/13) Atlanta Business Chronicle: Now that the new Atlanta Falcons stadium has been given a green light from the various governmental entities and now that an architect has been selected, the next step is finalizing the site.